Pre-Accredited EMDR Therapist Register
The board of EMDR All-Ireland Association has established a Register of Pre-Accredited EMDR Therapists.
The purpose of this is
- To enhance EMDR therapy capacity in Ireland by creating conditions that would lead to an increase in the number of EMDR accredited practitioners available for the delivery of EMDR therapy.
- To support EMDR therapists to make themselves known and available for client referrals while preparing for EMDR Europe practitioner accreditation.
- To provide clients with an additional avenue to access a wider range of EMDR therapists.
- Membership of the register is open to EMDR therapists who would join the register for a maximum period of two-years, during which they would prepare actively and apply for accreditation. Their membership of the register would cease after two-years from the date of joining it.
- Membership requirements
- Members would have completed a full approved EMDR standard training with certification provided
- Members would hold current, active registration with EMDR All-Ireland Association.
- Members would hold active accreditation with a professional body recognised by EMDR All-Ireland
- Members would have verified, ongoing monthly EMDR supervision with an EMDR Europe accredited Consultant. Following completion of the EMDR standard training, this supervision would be active for a minimum period of 3 months before applying to join the register.
- Certification of competence: Membership of the register will be subject to an EMDR supervisor certifying that the applicant has attained an adequate level of competence to use EMDR in their work with clients. The requirement is that they have attained an average of intermediate level competence or above in the algorithm version of the EMDR practitioner competency framework. (overall minimum score of 116) Use this link to download a copy of the Practitioner Competency Framework-Algorithm Version
- Membership of the register would be renewed annually, and renewal would include an up-to-date letter of support from the EMDR Supervisor.
- The register is published on the EMDR All-Ireland website and members are invited to give their written consent to have their name included in the public list.
- The register will operate for a period of three years after which time it will be reviewed.
How to Join the Register
Pre-Accredited EMDR Therapists can apply to join the register.
To be eligible to join the register you are required to:
Have completed an EMDR Europe accredited standard training for at least 3 months
Hold current, active registration with EMDR All-Ireland Association.
Hold active accreditation with a professional body recognised by EMDR All-Ireland
Be attending monthly EMDR Supervision with an EMDR Supervisor for a minimum of 3 months prior to application (this can be group or individual)
You will need to
- Contact your EMDR Supervisor and arrange with him/her to complete and sign the EMDR practitioner competency framework (algorithm version) and send it to you. This is the download link Practitioner Competency Framework-Algorithm In this competency framework, the supervisor will certify that you have attained an adequate level of competence to use EMDR in your work with clients. The requirement is that you are showing an average of intermediate level competence or above in the competency framework (overall minimum score of 116)
- Complete and submit the online application form. This is the link Apply to join the Register
- The application form requires you to upload a copy of your EMDR training Certificate as well as the EMDR practitioner competency framework (algorithm version) completed and signed by your EMDR supervisor